Customer Service – CARE Business Partner Job Posting
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible, and
eco-efficient services. We provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. We serve our
customers through 374 offices in 116 countries. We employ 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 landbased employees and operate 580 container vessels. We market our services through the
following brands: Maersk Line, Safmarine, MCC Transport (Intra-Asia), Seago Line (IntraEurope), Mercosul (Brazil), and SeaLand (From 2015 Intra-Americas).
Maersk Line, the global containerized division of the Maersk Group, is dedicated to delivering
the highest level of customer-focused and reliable ocean transportation services. Our vision,
built from a strong heritage of uprightness, constant care, and innovation, has guided our
business operations since the first Maersk Line vessel sailed in 1904. By remaining committed
to that vision we have expanded our business to become the world’s largest ocean carrier. And
we are consistently recognized as the most reliable container shipping company.
We are looking for a Customer Service CARE Business Partner in our Charlotte, NC office. You
must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. Local candidates only; no relocation
assistance is provided.
Maersk Line offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business
environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations
with our current and new customers. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, such
as health insurance, dental and vision insurance, a 401K savings plan with an employer match,
and paid time off.
• Act as the customer’s primary point of contact, be the customer’s internal advocate.
• Be fully responsible for customer satisfaction, own, manage all customer facing activities,
while working with Sales, GSC, One Team, Finance, etc.
• As part of Commercial Intelligence – build strong relationships with customers, gain an
understanding for their business, service needs, drivers and desires and leverage this to engage
in discussions about new business opportunities and competitor/market intelligence.
• Ensure smooth execution of the whole shipment lifecycle, by working closely with customers
and internal support groups to achieve customer satisfaction goals through pro-active
resolution handling and Issue resolution ownership. Process improvement focus is essential—
look for waste
• Understand claims policy and its impact on company assets and guide customers best possible
through any potential claim situation
• Utilize Care business partner relationships to encourage fast equipment turnaround and
collection of applicable charges as required.
• Understand and be familiar with KPIs and act in line with set targets. Drive continuous
improvements opportunities and opportunities to lower costs.
• Monitor agreed service levels, and identify root cause when targets are not met, advise
management of potential service failures and / or trends.
• Share thoughts with team at VMS reviews
• To always perform in a manner consistent with and loyal to the A.P. Moller – Maersk values